Thursday 9 May 2019

No Compulsion 1




Chapter 109: Al-Kaafiroon (The Suppressors of Truth)

In the Name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful
1. Qul ya ayyuha alkafiroona


109:1. Say, “O you who suppress the Truth!”


2. La aAAbudu ma taAAbudoona


109:2. “I worship not that which you worship,”


3. Wala antum AAabidoona ma aAAbudu


109:3. “And you worship not Him Whom I worship,”


4. Wala ana AAabidun ma AAabadtum


109:4. “And I shall worship not that which you worship,”


5. Wala antum AAabidoona ma aAAbudu


109:5. “And you worship not Him Whom I worship.”



6. Lakum deenukum waliya deeni


109:6. “For you your way of life and for me, mine.”1


1. It was indeed a very fair offer to the kaafiroon. The Prophet preached to them the Islamic way of life. If they accepted it, well and good; and if they did not, well, there was no compulsion. It was left for Allah to deal with their disbelief.


Friday, the  10th of May 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment