Friday 10 April 2020

O Muslims - 9


In the Name of Allah, the Gracious the Merciful

267. Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo anfiqoo min tayyibati ma kasabtum wamimma akhrajna lakum mina al-ardi wala tayammamoo alkhabeetha minhu tunfiqoona walastum bi-akhitheehi illa an tughmidoo feehi waiAAlamoo anna Allaha ghaniyyun hameedun

2:267. O you believers! Spend from the good things you have lawfully earned and from that which We have taken out for you from the earth503, and seek not for spending, things of little worth there from, which you yourselves would not accept but scornfully. Bear in mind that Allah has everything in abundance and is Praiseworthy.504

503.  Agricultural products, obviously.
504. It is a general human tendency to give away only those things in charity which the giver himself would consider to be unworthy of use. Suppose, for example, I take a superior grade A rice for my personal use. Then if I intend sending some cooked rice as charity to an orphanage, I may take rice of an inferior quality. That is what Allah abhors. HE wouldn't give me any marks for charity on that score. What He expects me to do is use the same superior grade A rice for sending cooked food as charity to the orphanage. Allah allays my fears of getting impoverished by my using the superior quality rice also for charity. He reminds me that it is by His grace that I can use grade A rice for myself. And if He wants to, He can provide for the orphans with food, even better than what I use for my own consumption. By providing me with the means to give charity, He is only testing me as to how I treat the have-nots. Praise be to Him! HE can keep a simultaneous watch on everybody and everything in any part of the Universe. HE has knowledge of what goes on inside the minds and bodies of all living creatures.

Friday, the 10th of April 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment