Thursday 24 January 2019

Why Islam


In the Name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful

I have a parrot at home. I often find myself comparing her (it’s a she-parrot) life with mine.

She is caged. But does she ever worry about her loss of freedom or about her future? Obviously not! All day long, she chirps, mimics the humans around her, meticulously cleans her body feathers, eats & drinks and goes to sleep soundly when she has nothing else to do. And I don’t think she has ever worried about the inevitable death that should come to her one day, or about what would happen thereafter. Worrying about anything appears to be utterly foreign to her nature.

Her life and mine are poles apart in that respect! I worry about my future in this world, and about what would happen to me after death.

That, and a distinctively superior intellect, differentiates mankind from other creatures we find on this earth.

What is the significance of this difference?

Science fails to give a satisfactory answer.

And in an earlier post Why Do I Believe In Islam, I have explained why Islam gives a satisfactory answer.

The Creator of the Universe, and of everything therein including human beings, has from time to time appointed Messengers, from among humans themselves, to inform them of the Reality. HE has sent down divine Scriptures too with some of the Messengers for the purpose. Besides, the Creator has impressed upon every human soul, at birth itself, what the Reality is! The human being has just to search his own soul to find It!

It is this self-search, without references even from divine scriptures and depicted just with the bare aid of commonsense, that this booklet, Why …. Islam, projects.

I take the liberty of presenting the booklet again as a page of my website. Click here to get it free online.

Mohammad Shafi
Friday, the 25th of January 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment